The Nevada Film Office announces a panel discussion about the latest trends in Film, TV, Web Series and Animation, and a chance to pitch your project!
MICHAEL WIESE PRODUCTIONS (Filmmaking Books) and
NEVADA WOMEN’S FILM FESTIVAL
THE FUTURE OF STORY — LAS VEGAS
MONDAY, AUGUST 1, 2016, 8:00 PM TO 9:30 PM
LOCATION: Green Valley Resort, Estancia Ballroom F & G
REGISTRATION FEE: Free to Registered UFVA 2016 Conference attendees & volunteers
8:00 PM TO 8:15 PM — Introduction
8:15 PM TO 8:45 PM — Panel discussion about the latest updates in Film, TV, Web Series, and Animation
8:45 PM TO 9:30 PM — Your opportunity to pitch. All participants can pitch their projects to team members for instant feedback. The group will be randomly broken into four separate mini groups, each one composed of panelists from all genres, to ensure everyone who wants to participate has an opportunity to do so.
KEN LEE, Vice President of Michael Wiese Productions, the number-one publisher of books for indie filmmakers in the world
KATHIE FONG YONEDA, Author of The Script-Selling Game, 2nd edition
CAROLE KIRSCHNER, Author of Hollywood Game Plan
JOHN BUCHER and JEREMY CASPER, Authors of Masters of the Cinematic Universe
STEVE KAPLAN, Author of The Hidden Tools of Comedy
WILL AKERS, Author of Your Screenplay Sucks!
RONA EDWARDS and MONIKA SKERBELIS, Authors of The Complete Film-maker’s Guide to Film Festivals
JENNIFER DORNBUSH, Author of Forensic Speak
SIMONE BARGTESAGHI, Author of The Director’s Six Senses
ELLEN BESEN, Author of Animation Unleashed
ADAM COPLAN, Author of Being Professional: A Master’s Guide to the Do’s and Don’ts of Screenwriting
DEB PATZ, Author of Film Production Management 101
ROSS BROWN, Author of Create Your Own TV Series for the Internet
TROY DEVOLLD, Author of Reality TV
JENNIFER VAN SIJLL, Author of Cinematic Storytelling
MWP BOOKS WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR 40% OFF TO ALL PARTICIPANTS.
LIMITED NUMBER OF SPECIAL PRIZES TO PARTICIPANTS:
1. An evaluation of your short film script (20 pages max) and a detailed two-page analysis of the strengths and weaknesses of the narrative. In addition, a detailed list of suggestions for improvements that will strengthen the story and its connection with your potential audience.
This service is valued at $500.
Provided by: JOHN BUCHER and JEREMY CASPER, Authors of Masters of the Cinematic Universe: The Secret Code to Writing in the New World of Media
2. A focused 45-minute coaching session for film and TV professionals will help you determine where you are in your career, where you want to go and the right game plan to get you there.
Provided by: CAROLE KIRSCHNER, Author of Hollywood Game Plan
3. A mini-critique reading of both the first 15 pages of your script and a two-page synopsis of your the script. Includes a 30-minute phone meeting to discuss the evaluation.
Provided by: KATHIE FONG YONEDA, Author of The Script-Selling Game, 2nd edition
4. A one-hour Skype consultation on a short script or the first act of a full-length script.
Provided by: STEVE KAPLAN, Author of The Hidden Tools of Comedy
5. A 45-minute critique via Skype on a script for a feature or short film.
Provided by: ELLEN BESEN, Author of Animation Unleashed
6. A free Maneuvering Film Festivals four-week online class from ESE Film Workshops Online, with mentoring by Rona Edwards and Monika Skerbelis throughout the duration of the class.
Provided by: RONA EDWARDS and MONIKA SKERBELIS, Authors of The Complete Filmmaker’s Guide to Film Festivals
7. A one-hour Skype consult on preparing your reality TV concept for market.
Provided by: TROY DEVOLLD, Author of Reality TV: An Insider’s Guide to TV’s Hottest Market. Let reality TV producer Troy DeVolld give you advice on how to ready your reality television concept for market with a one-hour Skype consult and a signed copy of his book on reality’s storytelling process. Troy has worked on dozens of shows like Dancing with the Stars and Basketball Wives. He will show you what it takes to make it in “unscripted” TV.
8. Three copies of Final Draft software.